Home > Rants > It’s time for a blog!

It’s time for a blog!


Because it’s been days and days since the last one. 😀

Random dance still, courtesy of Rhythm KM

So we moved into our new apartment last Saturday, and I kinda love it like kinda a lot. It’s warm here, and I don’t have to dawn a sweatshirt as soon as the sun goes down. When I get home from work in the evenings, I find the neighborhood kids playing in the grass and pathways between buildings, and it always makes me smile. I can see the stars every night, because the fog doesn’t block them out, and my grocery list only includes things Bear and I like to eat. There are pelicans on the bridge when I drive to work in the mornings, and other seabirds that dive into the water with spectacular grace and beauty. The clouds are big, and they turn pink when the sun sets.

All I gotta say is thank God this is working out so far, ’cause the rest of my week has been one big trial, and we’re only on Thursday. My mom had her knee surgery on Wednesday morning. Marklar was supposed to take her, since he still lives with her in HMB, and it took place at the horrible hour of 6:30 am. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, I ended up being the one to take her…on my first day off…since the move…which wasn’t really a day off, since I worked like a dog all day long.

So I ended up staying with my mother Tuesday night. Sometime that afternoon, my mechanic called to tell me it’s his professional opinion that I should give up on Bruce the Bug and just get a new car. This was a rather emotional ordeal for me, as it caused me great amounts of anxiety. After a long talk with my dad, however, I decided FUCK IT! I have good enough credit to just buy a new-ish-er car, so why not just get something nice (with an attached warranty) from a dealership. I’m currently hung up between a Mustang and a Pontiac. It’s likely I’ll go for the Pontiac, though.

Wednesday, post-op, my mother was little more than a slug. I was exhausted from not sleeping enough and WAY TOO MUCH EMOTION from the previous day, so I took a nap. After I got up, Bear and I drove to San Mateo so I could cough up some more money (I’d already paid the movers from Saturday, paid both Bear’s and my cellphone bills and activation fees, and something or other else) just to get my decrepit car

Our porch.

 released from the shop. I was in the world’s foulest mood until I meet Emily for hot chocolate in Palo Alto and discovered a rock and mineral shop tucked away in the shopping center. I now have a pocket-sized, quartz Buddha as a net result of my visit to Palo Alto. I rub his belly when I’m worried, so he’s basically the best worry stone ever.

Then I bought a new shower head in Foster City with help from the Lagos Monster. And then I finally went home in a much better mood.

About two blocks away from our complex, Bear called me:

“Hi, Bear. Whatchu want?”

“Where the hell are you? Are you ok?!”

“Oh, I’m like two blocks away. I’ll be there in about two minutes. I’ll talk to you then.”

When I opened the door of our apartment, I found Bear sitting at the table in near-darkness. He looked up at me a harumphed.

“Where the hell have you been?”

“You know, here and there. Running errands and stuff.”

“You said you’d be back in an hour or two. It’s been more than four!”

“Awe, Bear! Were you worried about me?”

“Yes! Jeeze! You could have at least called!”

And then I hung my head and said I was sorry for making him worry. And then he got on facetime with Maka-Laka and complained to her about how worried he’d been as he shuffled off into his room. And I stood there in the living room and smiled secretly to myself. It’s moments like these that I treasure.

And then TODAY happened. I got a call AT WORK NO LESS! that the county was prepared to sue my deadbeat ass if I didn’t cough up $2919 for an ER bill from last December. I’d gone to the ER because I’d been rear-ended and had classic concussion symptoms when I finally stopped shaking. Because I’d been rear-ended, AAA, the other driver’s insurance, too full responsibility for all the damages and expenses, including the hospital bill. They informed me a few days later that as soon as I signed a form and sent it in to them, they’d take care of that bill.

I learned today that this did not happen in enough time to keep the county happy. In fact, I learned today that it NEVER FREAKING happened! AAA should seriously die.

So after leaving an urgent voicemail with the agent assigned to my claim, I got back on the phone with the AAA operator and told them something along the lines of, “I’m under threat of a lawsuit. If I get sued because you people didn’t hold up your end of the bargain, I’m going to turn around and sue the shit out of you. I’m also going to get Ms. Ramos fired, since she’s inept and unreachable. I need to speak to an agent, and I need to speak to an agent now, or I am, in fact, going to sue the crap out of you. I’m in the right here, your company is completely in the wrong, and I’m going to make a lot of people miserable if you don’t connect me with an agent right now.”

So then I was put on with a woman named Cynthia who tried to blame this all on me. So I dropped the S-word a few more times, and she said, “Well, I’ll see what I can do.”

So then I called the county person back, whose name I’ve already forgotten, but for the sake of clarification, we’ll call her Officer Bitch. Officer Bitch wants me to call her back tomorrow with some kind of solution. She also wants me to make a down-payment by Oct. 20. Cynthia at AAA said they’d reimburse me for any payments I make, which I know is a dirty lie. You know where liars go, Cynthia? They go to mother fucking hell!

So…then I called my dad, and he talked me out of my terrified rage. And he reminded me to take on one thing at a time, suggested several pretty good-sounding solutions, and then we moved onto discussing my plans for getting a new car. Magically, an hour later, I was pretty damn calm again.

And now here we are, back in my apartment on a Thursday night with the cat lurking under the bed and Duppy wagging her tail at me. Fear not, dear readers! I have a plan for tomorrow and the next few days! It’s kind of hair-brained, but I think it’ll work. By the end, I should no longer be under threat of a date before a judge, and I should have a bitchin’ new car to boot.

View from the front door.

…I’ll let you know how it goes.

“Whatchu doing?”

“Writing, Bear.”

“What about?”

“You, Duppy, Seph, Mom, legal stuff.”

He bounces at the foot of the bed. “You seem stressed.”

“That’s because I am.”

“Want some honey?”

I love living with my baby brother. ❤

Categories: Rants
  1. October 6, 2011 at 9:07 pm

    Awww…this one gives me a warm feeling inside when I read the last sentence! I’m so glad you’re enjoying the new place together.

  2. October 6, 2011 at 9:46 pm

    Also, upon re-reading this, I’ve noticed ALL the typos. I’m going to leave them in, though, because I feel they remind me that I’m only human.

  3. Allen
    October 7, 2011 at 1:32 pm

    Please bring a “car-guy” with you when you go to get a new car! Also, Pontiac doesn’t really exist anymore, so are you looking for a used car? Glad to hear the move is working out =]

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: